Interim Assistant Director - Finance (Deputy s151)
An Interim Assistant Director for Finance (Deputy s151) is required by our local authority client for a 12 month assignment. As part of the council’s Resources senior leadership team this key role will work with colleagues to shape and deliver service plans and support delivery of key strategic plans for the council.
In this role, you will:
- Act as strategic lead on the Councils financial strategy, setting the Council’s budget and medium-term financial plan ensuring this supports the Councils business plan.
- Provide technical advice and work with external advisors on a wide range of projects including setting up companies, shareholder agreements, issuing of loans etc.
- Support development of service plans, providing critical challenge to ensure that plans contribute to the delivery of overall council strategy.
- Provide leadership of an insight and business intelligence service and take a lead role in reporting to elected members and Corporate Directors on all performance (financial, personnel and service related strategic and critical data)
- Ensure completion of the statement of accounts and take lead in relationship with external auditors
- Be responsible for the setting financial regulations and policies, translating these into the real world and setting controls and compliance.
- Lead significant engagement at senior levels across the organisation, Council owned companies and with other external partners.
This is a wide-ranging role in a large, ambitious authority with a very significant programme of change. We would welcome applications from interim managers with experience at both s151 and Deputy s151 level.
The assignment will be for 12 months and will be “inside IR35”. Flexible start date during March / April 2019.
Please apply with CV or for more information, contact David Weir, Director, Tile Hill on 020 3371 1781 or email email@example.com
Apply for Interim Assistant Director - Finance (Deputy s151)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly