Business Support Assistant
Diversity and Inclusion Vision: “Maximise the potential of people from all backgrounds through a culture of fairness and inclusion to deliver the best service for our communities”
Case Management Unit (CMU) is part of Criminal Justice Services providing file quality checks and evidentiel means tests for in custody remand cases destined for Magistrates and Crown courts. Case management Unit is fully digital and works across three sites Central, Eastern and Western covering criminal justice across the force. Work can be transferred digitally without the need to relocate staff.
The frameworks used are Transforming Summary Justice (TSJ) and Better case Management (BCM).
CMU works very closely with partner agencies such as Crown Prosecution Department (CPS), Her Majesty’s Court Service (HMCTS), Probation Service and police officers of all ranks.
You will be required to provide an efficient administrative service for Case management Unit and report directly to Case management Unit Team Leaders.
- Input data from source documents on Integrated Custody Information System and Electronic File Build case management system
- Provide administrative support to Case Progression Officers
- Photocopy case file material and assemble documents ready for transfer to Crown Prosecution Department, probation and operational resources
- Interrogate Her Majesty’s Court Service case management systems and print off court listing information to deal with enquiries (internal and external) courteously e.g. demonstrating commitment to customer service
- Ability to use routine office equipment, including MDF printers
- Ability to use or be trained on a range of operational systems e.g. Integrated Custody Information System, Electronic File Build, Police National Computer, Libra
- To be aware of Force policies in relation to equality and diversity and challenge instances of non-compliance
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible attitude towards work and support team objectives
- Regular contact with officer/staff force wide
- To be aware of own responsibilities and actions concerning health and safety at work and report any issues to line management.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills; capable of meeting short deadlines; possess an ability to organise personal workloads; and be confident in their ability to accommodate changing priorities.
To carry out any other duties commensurate with the purpose and grading of the post that may from time to time be determined.
The current Job Description is under review, but please refer to the attached to this advert for further details about this role, or alternatively please contact Robyn Ashford 0345 113 5000 ext: 801 1503 for more information.