Highways Asset Manager
Highways Asset Manager
Hours p/w: 37
Full time/ Permanent Position
Salary: £38,237 - £41,967 p.a.
Location: Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play and how better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
Milton Keynes highway team is looking for an Asset Manager to work within the Client team. As the Asset Manager you will lead the management and development of the Council's Highway Asset Management Policy, Strategy and Plan to deliver cost effective highway improvements and maintenance.
We are looking for a candidate who has extensive experience of delivering a wide range of highways services using effective asset management principles and who can deliver the Council’s objectives to ensure an efficient approach to management of all our assets. In addition the authority is working towards a level 3 Department of Transport assessment for its Asset Management services, this role will be pivotal in assisting the authority in achieving this.
- Development and management of asset management systems
- Lead on the implementation of planning of structural programmes
- Develop and operate the authority’s Pavement Management System
- Manage the condition of highways assets in accordance with Strategies
- Assist with capital and revenue budget decisions based on asset management principles
- Provide reports on functionality of the Asset using available data including deterioration modelling
- Lead on the implementation of authorities plans on the DFT Incentive Fund self assessment on Asset Management to achieve level 3.
- Knowledge of Highways maintenance policy/strategy at national, regional and sub-regional level
- Experience in Asset Management systems and processes
- Extensive report writing experience at a strategic level
- Experience in reviewing and updating policies and strategies relating to Asset Management
- Practical knowledge of all aspects of Highways assets
Departmental Benefits of this role
- Agile working is a possibility of the role
- Ongoing training and CPD via national workshops/seminars is a requirement to enhance the individual and his role within the team
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best and with an employer contribution rate of 18.5%
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Flexibility –with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
How to apply
Please upload your covering letter and CV which must include a detailed career history with no gaps, on the Milton Keynes Council Careers website https://goo.gl/eJTpa1 via the Apply button below.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 21 May 2017.
We at Milton Keynes Council take great pride in our city and we hope that it’s you that can help us grow and share our vision.