Senior Business Development and Finance Officer
You will be responsible to the Coventry Music Lead for the overall business performance and financial
management of the service. This will include:
• Driving growth and realising the potential of the Coventry Music Service and Music Education Hub by identifying gaps; generating new business opportunities and complementing the provision within the city and beyond.
• Contributing to the development and sustainability of relationships with key organisations, partnerships and stakeholders by providing excellent customer service.
• A relevant professional qualification in business management and/or finance
• Experience of working within the Arts and Cultural sector or Education, developing and implementing business development strategies and effective and efficient financial and budgetary management and reporting.
• Excellent IT skills and able to adapt your knowledge to various data systems.
• Proven experience of leading, managing and motivating a business support team/staff.
Coventry is a vibrant and ambitious City where we value diversity.
Coventry Music is an organisation within the People Directorate of Coventry City Council and is the major provider of music provision across the city for children and young people.
Coventry Music is the Lead Organisation of the Coventry Music Education Hub which exists, with a range of partners, to deliver the aims of the National Plan for Music Education (2012).
We provide music tuition across the city for children and young people. This work includes Whole Class Ensemble Tuition, Instrumental tuition, out of school ensembles and music performance opportunities.
We want to attract applicants who are enthusiastic and highly motivated in playing a key role in providing and developing a successful Music service in Coventry.
In return, we can offer you flexible working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include working from home (subject to project/service area requirements), flexible working hours, generous holiday allowance (starting at 35 days including bank holidays) and a flexitime scheme. In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, 'MyCar' scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
37 hours per week over 5 days
05 June 2017
Coventry City Council is clear about its responsibilities in embracing diversity and ensuring we recruit people of a high calibre on the basis of their skills, abilities, and experience. As such we welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email (including Spam/Junk) and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf