Experienced Children’s Social Workers & Senior Practitioners – Ref: CH01517
Experienced Children’s Social Workers & Senior Practitioners
Walsall Children: Safe, Happy, Learning Well...
It’s a very exciting time to join Walsall Council.
Visit our microsite to find out about how our recently launched social work academy will support your maximum potential as well as:
- How our commitment to reducing caseloads across the service from 20 to 15 for experienced workers will facilitate a return to real social work
- Where effective relationships are the key driver for positive change with children, young people and their families
- Where restorative practice is the foundation for our social work approach across the service
- How supervisory ratios for managers are reducing in order that they can provide you with regular, reflective supervision and support
To excel, you’ll need a social work qualification and registration with HCPC. For this campaign we are not seeking applications from newly qualified candidates.
We have current vacancies within:
- Initial Response Service (Social Worker and Assistant Team Manager)
- Safeguarding & Family Support Service (Social Worker and Senior Practitioner)
- Corporate Parenting Service (Social Worker and Senior Practitioner)
- Children with Disabilities Team (Social Worker and Senior Practitioner)
When applying please indicate which team is your preferred option.
Social Worker: £31,288 - £36,019 plus relocation package of up to 25% of starting salary (conditions apply, not available for newly qualified candidates)
Senior Practitioner: £35,093 - £39,660 plus relocation package of up to 25% of starting salary (conditions apply, not available for newly qualified candidates)
Note: A Market Supplement is applied to the Initial Response Service only; Social Worker £4,000 and Assistant Team Manager £4,500.
For further information and to apply visit our microsite
Walsall Council takes seriously the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all the children and young people entrusted to our care and it is our expectation that all staff will share this commitment. We will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust recruitment processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. Completion of an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check is a requirement for working with children and young people.