Operations Manager - Street Services
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
It is an exciting time in Street Services at the Royal Borough of Greenwich. Join us and be part of a team making Greenwich an environmentally friendly place to live, work and visit.
The Directorate of Community Services prides itself on the service it provides to the residents of Greenwich. We are looking to recruit more people who take pride in their work and want to help the Council meet its commitment to providing quality services to enhance the environment and increase its recycling rate.
Operations Manager – Street Services
You will be responsible for the delivery of the Council’s most visible frontline services, with responsibility for managing a busy operational team with a large in-house workforce undertaking street cleansing and waste collection activities across the borough on a daily basis.
Key aspects of your role will include:-
- Managing a team of operational supervisors carrying out the day to day supervision and support of around 350 operational employees across a range of activities including domestic and commercial waste & recycling collections, street cleaning and gully cleansing.
- Ensuring that waste and street cleansing arisings are disposed of via the most efficient and cost effective treatment routes, maximising recycling and minimising waste to landfill
- Managing and reporting on the performance of operational crews and taking appropriate corrective action as necessary
- Monitoring financial performance of the operational service to maintain effective budgetary control, including the implementation of corrective action as necessary
- Ensuring that our approach to service delivery is proactive and reflects customer needs. Where necessary, to revise or adapt services accordingly
- Ensuring consistently high standards of service delivery, and where the service fails, to resolve complaints and respond appropriately
It is a busy operational environment where circumstances and priorities constantly change. The services operate between 5.30am – 8.00pm and whilst you will work a 35 hour week, flexibility is essential as you will sometimes be required to work early, or late, depending on the service needs.
You must have a full driving licence.
To discuss the role further please contact either email@example.com or telephone 020 8921 4773
Or firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 8921 4641.
Closing date: 28th May 2017
Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated
More jobs like this
- Full time £50,000 - £59,999 Manager Corporate Services jobs in London (South)
- Full time £50,000 - £59,999 Manager Corporate Management Team jobs in London (South)
- Full time £50,000 - £59,999 Manager Environment jobs in London (South)
- Full time £50,000 - £59,999 Manager Streetscene jobs in London (South)