Social Work Unit Manager (Mental Health) and AMHP Lead
An opportunity has arisen within the City of Wolverhampton Council Adult Mental Health Social Work Team to recruit a Social Work Unit Manager with AMHP Lead. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, highly motivated and organised manager who will work hard and to high standards. This is an exciting and challenging role working in our culturally rich & diverse city.
There are three Social Work Unit Managers in the team whose roles are central to ensuring consistently safe practice, and in supporting and supervising social workers. This post will also have an AMHP Lead focus, providing a professional steer on issues pertaining to the AMHP service, including managing the process of approval and re-approval of AMHPs, maintaining networks and liaison with partners, and ensuring the service performs effectively and to the highest standards.
You will be a professionally qualified social worker and Approved Mental Health Professional, as well as having extensive knowledge of mental health social work practice, The Care Act 2014 and mental health legislation.
- Hold a recognised qualification in social work and have substantial post-qualifying experience;
- Be HCPC registered;
- Be a qualified AMHP;
- Have experience of Adult Safeguarding;
- Have a good working knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Have experience of managing/supervising social workers or social worker practice.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity of working in a supportive and innovative team;
- Regular supervision and collaborative working;
- Regular Team Meetings;
- Training and development opportunities.
For further information, please contact Karen Chance (Senior Social Work Manager) on 01902 553446 or June Pickersgill (Head of Service) on 01902 555710.
You will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible after the closing date.
All applicants should note that these posts will require an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.