Senior Bid Manager
Develop and implement effective bid strategies and solutions to support the successful bidding of major projects in UK and overseas. Manage the Strategic Projects bidding team and provide support to the technical solutions team and wider business specialists as required.
Co-ordinate the effective management of the bid process for Strategic Projects opportunities and ensure collaboration and support is provided to the workstream for the production of persuasive and compliant submissions at prequalification and tender stages.
Oversee the implementation and maintenance of effective reporting protocols for Strategic Project submission outcomes including the update and review of relevant processes and procedures including lessons learnt.
Nature and scope
- Liaise effectively and work with Strategic Projects Senior Management team members to identify their requirements and provide effective bid services and technical solutions for strategic project opportunities.
- Work closely with all members of the Strategic Projects bid teams, Procurement, Commercial, Project Engineering, Support Services and the wider business to support the effective development and implementation of Strategic Projects processes and protocols for Strategic Projects bidding opportunities.
- Liaise and develop long term relationships with senior managers in Colas and others as required in Group, customer, supplier and other partner organisations to maximise all potential business opportunities.
- Be proactive in industry groups and professional bodies and maintain an up to date awareness of activities and standards within Colas’ strategic business sectors.
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the Company Vision and Mission.
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that visibly underpins the company’s values and beliefs.
- Demonstrate appropriate experience, training and qualifications for the post.
- Manage and co-ordinate the entire pre-qualification and tender process to ensure adherence to all pre agreed strategies and processes.
- Develop effective bid strategies and solutions aligned to company objectives to support Strategic Project bidding and wider business opportunities where directed. Agree bid strategies with the SP’s Senior Management team and implement them, ensuring that they are clearly communicated to all members of the team and are compliant with the customers’ requirements.
- Lead and direct the bid management and proposal team ensuring that effective and relevant inputs and information is provided for Strategic Project bidding that relates to technical support, bid writing and administration.
- Detailed analysis of bid documents to establish, plan, monitor and review the bid deliverables for each Strategic Projects PQQ and Tender submission. Manage and oversee the preparation of pre-qualification and tender documentation.
- Lead the progress review meetings for Strategic Projects, identifying critical deliverables, milestones and progress against these. Escalate any issues and/or concerns to the bids steering group for resolution/guidance.
- Facilitating strategy meetings, establishing a clear plan and ‘story-board’ content.
- Articulate the Strategic Projects offer effectively to customers through high quality written and graphical submissions, in accordance with bid themes and solution.
- Co-ordinate information and input from third parties such as joint venture partners, designers and other consultants to ensure timely receipt and the quality of the input does not compromise the overall submission.
- Ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of reference data bases and their systems that supports the Strategic Projects teams. These will include project reference libraries, archives of previous submission and other information that will support the success of the bidding process.
- Allocation of all resources to support Strategic Projects bidding activities. Liaise with the Senior Bid Managers in Asset and Contracting workstreams to support effective allocation of resources at a corporate level.
- Provide input into the Prospect Approval Process to enable efficient decision making by the Executive Board on prospective opportunities.
- Participate in providing bid writing support in developing written solutions and reviewing written solutions provided by others.
- Conduct an annual review of the relevant processes and protocols that are implemented within the strategic services support team.
- Measure the effectiveness of the Strategic Projects Bidding team through a performance management framework, agreed with the Commercial Manager.
- Ascertain, facilitate and where appropriate deliver training and development needs for members of the strategic services support team.
- Ensure that lessons learnt from previous submissions are collated and documented so that reviews and appropriate action can be implemented.
- Good general education.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent preferred but not essential.
- Proven experience in successfully performing a senior bid management role within a civil engineering major project sector.
- Significant experience in the development of design and build proposals incorporating value engineering and design management.
- Demonstrable bidding experience of working at a senior level within a major projects bid team.
- A good understanding of the Colas target market sectors.
- Experience in providing a good understanding of operational and technical considerations in determining effective solutions to support major project bidding opportunities.
- Experience of understanding the commercial and legal issues that need to be considered when bidding opportunities.
Personal Attributes / Skills:
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Ability to think and prioritise strategically.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and inspire others.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions.
- Ability to continually review and improvement performance.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Apply for Senior Bid Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly