Project Development Manager
To target and progress pre-profiled opportunities that match the corporate strategy for securing strategic projects and improve our overall market position. This includes developing relationships with clients and stakeholders, gaining a detailed understanding of their needs and preferences to gauge opportunity feasibility and support early solution development.
- Working closely with the Strategic Projects Development and Support team members, to track and progress selected opportunities for major civil engineering schemes
- Establish and maintain excellent client relationships, and develop a good understanding of relevant decision makers and influencers
- When required, facilitate meetings between senior client and Colas representatives
- Utilising the CRM system to manage and update client and opportunity records
- Work with the Market Research Assistant to help maintain a current and relevant opportunity pipeline
- Supporting the development of short/medium/long term business development plans
- Promote the Colas offer through organised and tailored demonstrations.
- Gather and share market intelligence that will assist with planning and prioritisation
- As required, to support and contribute to the development of high quality solutions for business development, prequalification, tendering and other purposes.
- Awareness of and compliance with relevant legislation, i.e. competition law
- Producing progress and bespoke reports as required, including project specific Forward Prospect Plans, Relationship Management Plans and PAP submissions
- Develop thorough understanding of competitors profiles and strategies
- Coordinating with other workstream Business Development Managers to enable a consistent, coherent and non-conflicting approach.
- Working closely with Marketing and communications with respect to promotional materials, presentations and events/seminars.
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact.
- Degree and/or relevant work experience
- Demonstration of continuous professional development
- Technical and legal qualifications/training
- Demonstrable track record of success in the business development environment
- Knowledge of the Infrastructure industry
- Understanding and delivering stakeholder requirements
- Industry wide contacts within the infrastructure sector
- Use of varied technology equipment and reporting tools including CRM system management and effective reporting
Personal Attributes / Skills:
- Driven, highly motivated and results orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce high quality management reports/information
- Understanding of collaborative working and the principles of BS11000
- Ability to effectively communicate at different levels of the organisation
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible working attitude (location and time)
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions
- Ability to continually review and improve performance
- Ability to travel /work away from home
- Good level of commercial & financial awareness
- Developed negotiation skills
- Excellent internal and external customer relationship and stakeholder management
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.