NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Colas Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Colas Ltd will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Colas Ltd explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Colas Ltd .
Responsible for carrying out allocated project activities utilising lean improvement methodologies and training to drive measurable performance outcomes and culture change across the business.
- Support the Colas Senior Management Team in the implementation of the Company lean strategy, including the coordination and delivery of lean training for managers and employees.
- Execute lean projects on time to deliver results in terms of effectiveness and efficiency by using lean methodologies.
- Facilitate lean maturity assessments, identifying need for improvements.
- Support and coach staff leading their own continuous improvement initiatives.
- Represent the Company during third party lean assessments.
- Provide expertise and share best practice regarding lean tools & methodologies, project management and team leadership.
- Be involved in the Colas Business Improvement Programme (MiH) through team leadership / membership.
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact.
- Good basic education to GCSE (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
- Formal training in continuous improvement related discipline, such as lean or lean six sigma. Recognised accreditation in either Lean or Lean Six Sigma to Green Belt, or equivalent level, would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience and track record in leading and implementing a lean strategy in manufacturing and / or transactional settings.
- Experience in the delivery of such lean techniques as 5S, Information Centres, Setting and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators, Practical Problem Solving methodologies, Total Productive Maintenance, Value Stream Mapping, Strategy/Policy Deployment, Rapid Change Over (SMED), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Change Management.
- Experience in performance management and benchmarking techniques.
- Experience of leading, engaging and motivating teams and individuals at all levels.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000 Standard and National Highway Sector Schemes.
Personal Attributes / Skills:
- Conscientious, reliable and trustworthy
- Tactful, diplomatic and open-minded manner, coupled with assertiveness and the ability to influence at management level
- Good time management, ability to plan and prioritise own workload with strong delivery focus
- Self-driven, autonomous, strong results orientation.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Methodical and analytical approach to work – including some numerical skills.
- Computer literate (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Willingness to travel, including overnight stays with flexible approach to working hours
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.