NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Colas Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Colas Ltd will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Colas Ltd explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Colas Ltd .
Undertake all aspects of administration works assisting office support functions for a busy highways civil engineering team, assisting with efficient delivery of all secured contracts whilst ensuring the compliance with all Quality procedures and safe working practices.
- Provide assistance to all office personnel, assisting with management system compliance
- Raising of purchase orders in company system ensuring financial authorities as adhered to at all times.
- Goods receipting of deliveries accurately and in a timely manner.
- Processing of invoices in required timescales matching against GRN’s and challenging any discrepancies as appropriate.
- Collation, archiving and filing of all contract details and paperwork in line with minimum requirements for retention.
- Assisting with payroll data entry on a weekly basis ensuring accurate and timely information is processed.
- Assist with contract costs recording and order requisitioning
- Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company
- Ensure works are carried out in a safe manner adhering to office specific Risk Assessment
- Maintain / develop good relations with all stakeholders including clients, managers, operatives and the general public.
- Ensure all company procedures are understood and adhered
- Hold a flexible approach to working patterns and expectations to carry out other duties as deemed necessary to the business
- Develop a good understanding of administration in a highway construction and maintenance environment
- Effective time management between duties
- Completion of required paperwork in line with company requirements
- Handle telephone enquiries and distribution of calls
- Undertake all other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager
- Desirable GCSE Maths / English or equivalent – Minimum Grade C
- Some working knowledge of health and safety
- Customer facing experience
- Strong ICT skills especially Microsoft Office Excel & Word
- Good telephone & ICT knowledge
- Ability to work within a team
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Achievement/results driven
- Good written and oral skills
- Demonstration of flexibility and adaptability
- Must be a team player
- Friendly & approachable personality
- Good time management
- Commitment to Business success
- Conscientious, trustworthy, open and reliable
- Motivated by results
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.