Business Administration Apprentice
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Colas Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Colas Ltd will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Colas Ltd explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Colas Ltd .
Purpose of Position:
Develop skills and experience to provide administrative support to the operations function and Accounts department within the Processes business unit.
- Providing Office Support including customer and employee support.
- Keep well-organised files and records of business activity.
- Keeping Computer databases up to date.
- Interacting with clients either on the phone or in person.
- Taking phone messages and passing them on.
- Communicating with materials suppliers and vendors.
- Collecting and inputting company data.
- Learning about the company’s mission and available products/services.
- Sending faxes and emails.
- Preparing documents by printing, copying and binding.
- Ordering from suppliers.
- Preparing meeting rooms by setting up chairs and getting refreshments.
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact.
- Working safely
- Personal organisation
- Flexibility/attitude to change
Qualifications & Experience:
- Maths & English GCSE to grade C (or equivalent)
- Previous reception experience desirable
- ICT literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Good team spirit
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.