Chief Officer for Education, SEND & School Infrastructure (Chief Education Officer)
“Join us now and help us shape the future.”
Bedford Borough 2020 outlines the Council’s ambition to redesign how it delivers services and manages operations by 2020 and beyond to better meet the needs of the community, partners and staff.
The direction of travel for the whole of the organisation over the next three years will be:
- Creating a more flexible and adaptable workforce, with the skills to deliver 21st century Council services
- Empowering residents and communities to become self-sufficient
- Streamlining processes, systems and resources to increase efficiencies through a digital approach.
Join us now and get involved in Bedford Borough 2020 and help us shape the future.
You will find a workforce engaged and enthusiastic about the programme, and a senior management team keen to take things forward.
Recent appointments have been made to Director level posts, and we are now looking for inspirational, motivated and enthusiastic Chief Officers to lead and motivate their teams through this exciting period and beyond…..
The applicant appointed to this role will be accountable for school standards, and lead us through a period of change from 3 to 2 tier education in Bedford Borough.
You will be expected to work with all schools of all types with a clear focus on improving educational outcomes for all children and young people.
You will work with some very talented teams to oversee School Improvement, Virtual School, School Transport, School Admissions, Speical Education Needs and Disabilities, School Place Planning and the School Capital Programme.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership skills, substantial experience within educational settings or a Local Authority, and be able to work alongside commercial partners, government departments, school leaders and governing boards.
Overall, you must be resilient, innovative and honest, while ensuring all statutory requirements are met. You should also be an advocate of digital ways of working, championing the change of BB2020 and the digital operating model.
Visit www.bedford.gov.uk/jobs_and_careers/current_vacancies to find out more
Closing date for applications: Midday on Thursday, 27th July 2017.
Interview date: Friday, 11th August 2017 (am)
More jobs like this
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Director Corporate Services jobs in Bedfordshire
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Director Administration jobs in Bedfordshire
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Director Corporate Management Team jobs in Bedfordshire
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Director Education jobs in Bedfordshire