Head of Quality & Performance (Children’s Services)
This role will be at the heart of the transformation agenda within Children’s Services. You’ll take the lead on the delivery of our Learning and Improvement Plan and you can expect to be deeply involved across all aspects of the directorate’s work. Your remit will include:
- Data & performance management across Social Care, Education and Early Help
- Quality assurance and the IRO/Conference Chair Service
- Commissioning through our newly created Access to Resource Team
- Business support across the entire Children’s Directorate
- Governance - key aspects of which include supporting the LSCB; Improvement Board; Committee Reporting
We have some very clear improvement targets that we need to deliver on, and it’s important that the momentum of change is constant. But we are not restricted in how we tackle the challenges we are presented with. In fact, we have a great opportunity to look at how we have done things in the past, build on what we know works well and look to modernise and improve where we need to. For the right person it’s a role in which you can thrive.
You’ll need to be a versatile and adaptable individual, someone who can take a step back when appropriate, but is also ready to get involved in the detail when it’s needed. You’ll should be comfortable working in fast changing environment, and we’ll want you to bring quick thinking and an agile approach to problem solving. It’s important that you bring a well informed and pragmatic insight into the pressures and complexity of delivering children’s services, but it’s not essential to have a background in social work practice. The ability to get to grips with issues around data, quality assurance and commissioning is vital – these will be priorities from your first day.
We don’t expect that you’ll have direct experience of all aspects of the role. It’s more important that you should be highly motivated and committed to making things happen. Energy, ambition and tenacity will all be valuable attributes. You can expect to be challenged in this role, but you can also be assured that it represents a compelling career opportunity.
Visit www.readingrefresh.co.uk to find out more or contact Steve Guest at Solace in Business on 020 7976 3311 for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: 14 August.
More jobs like this
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Corporate Services jobs in Reading
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Corporate Management Team jobs in Reading
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Health and Social Care jobs in Reading
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Children's Services jobs in Reading
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Education jobs in Reading