Principal Designer (CDM)
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Are you looking for an exciting new Property opportunity? Based at County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 2DN.
Surrey County Council are looking for an experienced CDM professional to act as a Principal Designer. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to be the lead Principal Designer on all maintenance projects, and ensure any works meet the requirements of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
The Property service are responsible for developing, building, running, and maintaining an extensive and diverse portfolio of 600 premises, operational and non-operational.
These include office buildings, fire stations, land and schools, making sure our assets are working hard for us and providing fit-for-purpose premises for staff and customers.
You will be a valued member of a friendly, supportive multi-disciplinary team, consisting of Building Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Engineers and Project Managers, who carry out the majority of the design and project management of all our maintenance projects. Typical projects include reactive maintenance repairs, roof replacements, refenestration schemes, boiler replacements, rewires etc. ranging in value from £500 to over £500,000.
You will be involved in advising supporting and mentoring gradate engineers and surveyors. What we can offer you
- A fantastic working environment with a great work life balance
- Flexible working including laptop and mobile and the option to work from home on occasions.
- 24 days annual leave
- Local government salary related pension
- Discounted childcare vouchers
- Option to join the Car-Lease Scheme
- On the job training/development
As part of the Council’s recent Orbis initiative, alongside the maintenance team, you will be expected to provide professional services within the borders of both Surrey and East Sussex County Councils.
To be shortlisted for interview your application must clearly evidence:
- Knowledge of the legislative framework covering construction work
- Experience of acting as Principal Designer (or CDM-Co-ordinator/ CDM Advisor), preferably in a building maintenance environment
- Knowledge of monitoring or auditing procedures regarding compliance with construction Health & Safety best practice
In addition you will be:
• A Qualified Principal Designer
• A member of the Association of Project Safety
• Have experience in building maintenance teams.
A message from the Chief Property Officer, John Stebbings: As Chief Property Officer of Orbis, I represent a trusted property partnership between Surrey County Council and East Sussex County Council. Orbis was formed in 2015 to ensure that we deliver value to customers and residents through our expertise, innovation and passion.
Therefore, if you are a Property professional with a drive for change and a need for challenge, this is an exciting time to join us.
Interested in finding out more? Please feel free to contact Nick Layton (Compliance Manager) on 020 8541 9899 or email@example.com
Closing date: 23.59 on 28th July 2017.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.