NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Colas Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Colas Ltd will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Colas Ltd explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Colas Ltd .
Support the Legal departments Associate Director & Company Secretary and the Legal Manager with the provision of responsive of in-house legal advice and support principally with contract law matters, undertaking legal reviews of tenders, contracts and other commercial agreements with customers and suppliers as necessary, and acting as an interface between the legal function of the Legal & Insurance Department and other teams, departments and business units.
Provide legal guidance on a wide variety and aspects of the Company’s business across different disciplines as appropriate. Role principally relates to Colas Limited but, may extend to Colas Limited’s subsidiaries, to Colas IOM and to JVs in which Colas Limited participates.
Day-to-day responsibility for:
- Review and analysis, of tenders, contracts, terms & conditions, ancillary documents and other commercial agreements and as necessary the drafting of such contracts, terms and conditions and ancillary documents, procurements queries and other commercial agreements relating to the Company’s business, as instructed by the Legal Manager
Support the Legal Manager in:
- Provision of in-house legal guidance on contract and commercial terms and conditions and generally as required to support the business
- Legal tender and contractual reviews, including providing legal guidance on queries in the tendering process and liaising with the commercial function to produce reports required for company tender/contract reviews
- Contract management for the company including monitoring and administering contract execution, including maintaining all necessary registers and records management guidance, and supporting any wider integration of records management systems
- Management of contractual surety arrangements for the company, including maintaining all necessary registers
- Efficient and effective operation and any development of the legal function
- Supporting the insurance function with its interface with the business
- Management of any external advisers
- Support the associate director (legal) / company secretary and the legal manager in monitoring and advising on legal compliance, including regulatory licences monitoring and maintaining awareness on ethics and compliance
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to manage workloads and changing priorities
- Solution driven
- Organise and prioritise own workload and changing priorities
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the legal manager or the associate director (legal) / company secretary
- Ensure that all operations carried out within the contract lawyer’s area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for safety if visitors, other members of staff and the contract lawyer
QUALIFICATIONS: UK QUALIFIED LAWYER
EXPERIENCE: 1 to 3 years PQE. In-house experience in the Public / Construction Sector would be ideal but is not mandatory. This is also an opportunity for private practice lawyers looking to make a move in-house. [Good candidates outside these parameters may still be considered]
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.