Commercial Manager / BDM
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Colas Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Colas Ltd will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Colas Ltd explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Colas Ltd .
JOB SUMMARY: MANAGEMENT AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR COMMERCIAL ASPECTS OF THE JV NEWHAVEN ROADSTONE BUSINESS BASED IN NEWHAVEN
Highly skilled Commercial Manager, who is able to operate and achieve commercial success through customer activity. To safely and effectively oversee the responsibility for customer service; whilst growing and developing the commercial aspects of the business on a local basis in line with the Joint Venture Board strategy.
ACCOUNTS & BUDGETS
- Responsible for the delivery of commercial budget, Commercial Key Performance Indicators and commercial reporting.
- In close consultation with the JV Director’s ensuring that the Annual Budget is met.
- Develop relevant short & long term Business Plans.
- Prepare forecasts and budget on an annual and/or Monthly basis as required.
- Report monthly to directors and attend board meetings when required.
SALES AND COMMERCIAL
- Ensure that all commercial opportunities are being clearly identified and pursued.
- Develop and negotiate new business opportunities from existing and new clients.
- Identify key areas of opportunity and business growth.
- Provide market intelligence that will input to business planning and budgeting requirements for the Business Unit and gain knowledge and understanding of our competitors.
- In accordance with predetermined financial expectations, through account management achieve the securing of targeted levels of revenue and profit with pricing decisions all in accordance with outlined policies.
- Building and maintaining relationships with a predetermined portfolio of customer accounts;Managing successful internal relationships with all Tarmac company personnel within the customer fulfilment process.
- To forge relationships beyond immediate account portfolio with key influencers in order to gather market and commercial intelligence. Feed relevant data into the Sales Pipeline management process.
- All accounts within portfolio are to be managed by the creation of accurate, relevant and up to date Account Action Plans.
- Ensure that all commercial target requirements are achieved through a diligent and intelligent approach aligned to all Commercial Excellence expectations and requirements.
- Ensure the customer service expectations are met through influence developing a service excellence ethos.
PRODUCTION CAPABILITIES AND CAPACITIES
- Ensure understanding of the range of asphalt products produced by operating unit and its capabilities and capacity.
SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL
- To demonstrate effective leadership in Health & Safety and Environmental knowledge to maintain the highest standards and industry best practice in compliance with all relevant legislation and standards to ensure that the business operates within the parameters of all licences, permits and consents.
- Ensure all employees within area of responsibility fully understand the work outputs and standards of quality that are required and that the performance of each employee is regularly reviewed
- Ensure a highly motivated workforce exists by effective performance management including recruitment and selection, and by providing continuous training and the opportunity for continuous development and succession planning at all levels.
- Develop and deploy marketing strategies including identification, organisation and attendance at relevant conferences and seminars.
- Conduct such relationships within the industry, trade and professional associations as are necessary to further the company reputation and always give special consideration to the public image and standing of Colas Tarmac and Newhaven Roadstone with clients, employees and the public.
- Conduct every-day work activities in accordance with the shareholders core values and maintain the highest standards of ethics and corporate compliance at all times.
- To promote the use of safe, sustainable, innovative in-house solutions and value management wherever possible.
- Support and take an active part, where appropriate, in the company-wide drive for excellence and business improvement.
- To carry out other related duties as and when required by your line manager.
The candidate will need to demonstrate they have the proven experience and commercial capability, together with the energy and drive necessary to lead the team and carry out the duties which will inevitably require working long periods and unsociable hours. Travel within area of responsibility, UK travel may occasionally be required.
- Demonstration of continuous professional development.
- The successful candidate is likely to have a background managing the commercial aspects of a business or area of responsibility.
- Responsibility for commercial delivery
- Technical and market knowledge of the aggregates and asphalt industry.
- Experience in strategy development
- Ability to manage and motivate teams
- Ability to build successful customer relationships
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety, Business Improvement, Quality and Environmental principles.
- Needs to understand all commercial aspects of the operations
- Strong influential skills
- Ability to interface with a wide range of people both within and outside the Company
- Understanding and awareness of good customer service principles and practice.
KEY COMPETENCES REQUIRED
- Business knowledge
- Performance Measures
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.