Commercial Property Lawyer
Located in the heart of the Thames Gateway, Thurrock has one of the most exciting planning and regeneration agendas in the country; centred on 6 major growth hubs including London Gateway Port and Logistics Park (the largest of its kind in Europe) and Purfleet Centre, which will see the provision of up to 2,500 new homes, the creation of a new town centre and the provision of dynamic employment opportunities.
With the scale of the local agenda there is an interesting mix of work for the specialist lawyer to get actively involved with. If you have the skills to help us develop our potential, we will reward you with the chance to fulfil yours.
As the Commercial Property Lawyer, your role will involve:
- Managing a challenging case load of complex leases, disposals and acquisitions
- Report on title for complex sites and land assembly
- Provide comprehensive property advice in relation to large scale public sector regeneration schemes
- Undertaking Advocacy on behalf of the Council
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experienced commercial property lawyer with wide ranging commercial property transaction
- Experience specialising in public sector led regeneration schemes
- A proven track record ideally gained in both the public and private sector, able to demonstrate highly developed negotiation and drafting skills.
- Specialist knowledge of compulsory purchase with experience of property due diligence and documentation required in registration of general vesting declaration.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits including:
- Flexible working to enable work life balance
- Generous annual leave- 25 days rising to 30 after 5 years
- Option to buy additional annual leave
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training opportunities and an established CPD programme
The post is open to applications from licensed conveyancers, chartered legal executives, solicitors and barristers.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Vivien Williams on 01375 652994
For further information or to apply, please click on the 'Enquire/Apply' button.
Closing date: 13th August 2017
Our vision – Thurrock: a place of opportunity, enterprise and excellence where individuals, communities and businesses flourish.
Thurrock is an exciting place to live and work. We are an emerging cultural and arts centre, home to the production centre for the Royal Opera House and the National Skills Academy for Creative and Cultural Skills . We have retail and leisure that is among the best, with the magnificent intu Lakeside , and breath-taking countryside all around. We are an area of massive growth, which is creating jobs and new industry, but with great transport links that can get you into London and other parts of the UK quickly and easily.
Thurrock Council is committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification. Job share applications are also welcome. Most departments operate a system of flexible working hours.
We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.