Deputy Head of Administration
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHSGGC) is the largest health board and provider of healthcare in Scotland and one of the largest in the UK, together with our partners in the West of Scotland we deliver a range of services to support the patient experience. We serve a population of 1.14 million covering 6 local authority areas which includes the city of Glasgow as well as incorporating both urban and rural areas. With a total budget of £3.337 billion and a workforce of 39,286 staff we deliver local, regional and national services including which are a number of world-class specialist services.
We are now looking to recruit a Deputy Head of Administration for this unique post.
The Corporate Services function manages the Secretariat Service, Complaints, Freedom of Information/Environmental Information Regulation requests, Legal Claims, Public Affairs and the corporate Personal Assistant functions for NHSGGC within the relevant regulatory and governance frameworks, and ensuring there is compliance with those frameworks.
As the new Deputy Head of Administration you will manage a broad range of services, including the Secretariat Service, Legal Claims, Public Affairs and the administrative and PA support to the Chair of the Board, Chief Executive's Office and Board-wide Directors, as well as support the implementation of the Board's Whistleblowing arrangements. This includes preparing the annual Whistleblowing Monitoring/Activity Report for review by the Staff Governance Committee, Audit & Risk Committee and the Area Partnership Form.
You will also deputise for the Board's Head of Administration across that post's full range of responsibilities when required.
The successfully appointed candidate will require a high level of professional knowledge and skills to fulfil the requirements of the post. These can be demonstrated by qualification to postgraduate level in a business administration role (or equivalent), plus significant experience operating at senior management level within the NHS and/or local government or a similarly complex organisation. This will typically include people management, budgetary management and operational service delivery.
To meet the challenges of this role demonstrable leadership and stakeholder management skills, excellent writing skills and being politically astute are essential requirements.
Established and proven negotiating and influencing skills are further requisites for this role as is evidence of specialist knowledge of regulatory and governance procedures.
If you believe you can meet the challenges that this high profile role brings then we would welcome your application. If you would like to find out more about this role before applying, please contact: John Hamilton (Head of Administration) on 0141 201 4608 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date for applications is: Noon, Monday 21 August 2017.
Interviews are scheduled for mid September 2017.
How to apply: To apply for the post of Deputy Head of Administration, please submit the following:
- An NHS Scotland application form.
- A statement in support of your application demonstrating how your skills and experience match the outline of the Job Description and Person Specification.
- A covering letter, outlining why you are interested in the role.
- Please also include details of 2 referees: one of which must be your current or most recent employer. Referees will not be approached without obtaining your prior consent.
- Please also include any non-availability over September 2017.
- Candidates interested in applying for this post should note the recruitment process includes pre-interview assessment activity prior to a formal panel interview. Candidates shortlisted for interview will be invited to participate in an online psychometric testing session and a written assessment. Only those staff involved in the recruitment and selection decision making process will have access to the information provided at this stage and all results are confidential.
How to return your application:
By email to: Lynne Stockey, General Manager, Recruitment Services at: email@example.com no later than noon on Monday 21st August 2017.
Should you have any queries in regards to the application process or submitting your application please contact: Lynne Stockey, General Manager, Recruitment Services on 0141 278 2623 or by email to the above. A paper application form can be downloaded here in Microsoft Word or PDF format