Head of Environment & Public Realm
HEAD OF ENVIRONMENT & PUBLIC REALM
£64,135 – £69,185
Rugby is one of the fastest growing towns in the country and the fastest in the West Midlands with a range of high quality housing and commercial developments on the go. This brings great opportunities to grow our local services for our residents. Rugby Borough Council is in a strong financial position and ready to face the challenges ahead to achieve improved and increased services.
Rugby has adopted a new Corporate Strategy and is about to embark on a new Local Plan. Three key targets for the new Head of Environment & Public Realm will be to:
• Enhance our local, open spaces to make them places where people want to be. We continue to promote creative ways of using and managing our green spaces and encourage the local communities to be involved in caring for them.
• Continue to improve the efficiency of our waste and recycling services: It is essential to promote and ensure responsible waste management practices to our customers. To combat increasing costs, we need to look for creative opportunities to make sure the producers of waste are accountable for it,
• Protect the public: It is important that people who come into the borough to live, work, relax or visit are kept as safe as possible. We target our services towards protecting public safety through effective and proportionate regulation. We work with partners to ensure public protection.
We have managed to raise our profile and performance in recent years. We received a glowing corporate peer review assessment and are also proud to have become the first district council to have been awarded "Excellent" against the Equality Framework for Local Government. We have recently retained our accreditation. We have repeatedly shown that we are ready and able to embrace the changes that are essential to our future progress and we now have a vacancy for another energetic, proactive and determined key player to join our team.
You will have a proven track record which will include experience of successfully managing change. You will also be highly effective in motivating and empowering others in the achievement of goals and you will be strong on team and partnership working with the ability to champion and sustain an environment of trust.
If you’re ready to step up to an exciting new challenge in an attractive, well-resourced and centrally-located borough, then we would like to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Adam Norburn, Executive Director on 01788 533430.
You can view full details of this job via our website, where you can also apply on-line. Please visit www.rugby.gov.uk. If you are unable to apply on-line please contact 01788 533564, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
More jobs like this
- Full time £60,000 - £69,999 Head of Service Corporate Services jobs in Rugby
- Full time £60,000 - £69,999 Head of Service Corporate Management Team jobs in Rugby
- Full time £60,000 - £69,999 Head of Service Environment jobs in Rugby
- Full time £60,000 - £69,999 Head of Service Environmental Management jobs in Rugby