Accounts Receivable Team Leader
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join us as our Accounts Receivable Team Leader, at our Finance Shared Service Centre based in Nottingham City Centre.
The Finance Service Centre, part of East Midlands Shared Service, is a large transactional processing team delivering high quality Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable support services to Leicestershire County Council and Nottingham City Council.
The AR Team Leader role has a strong focus on operational excellence and delivering great customer service to our partners and customers. The successful candidate will ensure that service level agreements, best practice processes and KPI’s are managed effectively. Excellent communication and accurate reporting on AR performance will be key to the successful relationship with the senior management and EMSS partners. You will be responsible for the effectiveness of customer master-data set-up, invoicing, debt collection, query management, cash allocations, account reconciliations and ledger management, and you will have a good understanding of the Order to Cash end to end process and general accounting principles. The AR team leader will review transactional processes and standard operating procedures, uphold controls and manage change.
You will have experience in leading similar teams alongside strong people management skills. Working with a diverse set of stakeholders and partners at all levels; you must be able to develop effective working relationships. Whether you are looking for the next role in your career progression or simply a change we would love to hear from you.
This is a fantastic role working in a public sector shared service environment which offers a range of flexible working arrangements; and we would be happy to discuss your requirements as part of the recruitment process.
- Experience of leading an Accounts Receivable / Credit Control team
- Experience and appreciation of a target driven and customer focused environment
- Developing, reviewing and managing KPI’s and SLA’s
- Organised with the ability to prioritise workload and achieve deadlines
- Flexible, adaptable and leader of change
- Previous experience of AR transaction and ledger management
- Previous experience of collections and query management
- Strong understanding of Order to Cash end to end process
- Experience of delivering change and process improvements
- Experience of Oracle or similar ERP would be advantageous
- People Management and managing performance proactively
- Strong team player, able to effectively communicate and influence positive behaviour
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to influence effectively and manage key stakeholders and partner relationships.
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached on the council page.
For informal enquiries please contact Deborah Bick, Tel: 0116 3050324 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any technical issues completing your application form please contact email@example.com