Group Manager For Finance
We are searching for a confident, experienced and talented CIPFA or equivalent qualified Group Manager for Finance to lead the financial planning and development of a relatively small team as they manage the financial risks and long-term investments, funding challenges to achieve the strategic
priorities set out in our corporate plan. This includes leading on the monthly monitoring processes, budget setting, closure of accounts and driving forward budget efficiency in a challenging time for Local Government.
This all-encompassing role will require you to manage the day to day finance operation ensuring it runs efficiently and produces accurate and timely Financial and Management accounts and has responsibility for the preparation of the Council's budgets, closing of annual accounts, delivering the procurement function and to deputise for the Director of Finance as the Council’s deputy S151 Officer.
This is a very hands on role where you will lead from the front and train, motivate and mentor your team. You’ll be proactive and creative to bring forward new ideas and innovations, to inspire and influence your colleagues to contribute positively to support future service delivery, development and delivery of a number of key projects. Strong communication skills are crucial to the role with the ability to build effective working relationships as it will
require the post holder to be able to work with, support and advise Group Managers, Chief Executive, Directors and Elected Members explaining highly complex financial information.
As the ideal candidate you should have extensive experience of
• Financial control and reporting in a complex organisation.
• Financial planning and medium term financial planning cycles in a complex organisation.
• Managing staff with a proven leadership and management experience.
• Ability to deliver high quality solutions within a highly pressurised environment.
• Delivering change projects to timetable and to budget.
• Excellent political and commercial awareness.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then we’d love to hear from you.
Mid Devon District Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
• A Local Government Pension Scheme
• CSSC offering discounts in shops, restaurants, cinemas, hotels and insurance benefits
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and childcare vouchers
• Excellent training & development opportunities • Generous annual leave, flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
• Staff discounts in our leisure centres
• Employee Assistance Programme and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
A satisfactory standard disclosure check and three years complete employment or education history will be requested in the event of you being offered any of the positions.
Visit our website at: www.middevon.gov.uk for full application detail, or alternatively for an application pack, please contact: Human Resources, Mid Devon District Council, Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 6PP
Tel: 01884 255255 (01884) 234331 – out of hours answerphone service
For an informal discussion about the post, contact Andrew Jarrett on 01884 234201.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 12th September 2017 at 1pm
VACANCY NUMBER: 2017039, POST NUMBER: MG07
PROPOSED INTERVIEW DATE: Early October 2017