NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Colas Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Colas Ltd will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Colas Ltd explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Colas Ltd .
To work closely with the Contracting Units to obtain relevant information for writing quality bid solutions for prequalification and tender submissions. Be part of a Bidding Team in assisting with the preparation and completion of written responses as directed.
- Support Bid Managers/Solution Leads as directed and produce well-structured written responses to Clients’ requirements and agreed company solutions.
- Liaise and work closely with all members of the Contracting Team and the wider Support Services in developing and completing written responses for bids.
- Carry out relevant research and liaise with appropriate departments and specialists to obtain relevant information/details to allow written solutions to be developed and considered.
- Provide appropriate inputs to prequalification and tender submissions as directed.
- Attend bid solutions meetings as required.
- Provide support for the development and maintenance of internal bid processes as directed and gathering/updating evidence library as required.
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the Company Vision and Mission.
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that visibly underpins the company’s values and beliefs.
- Challenging existing protocols and practices where appropriate contributing to continual improvement for the success of tenders and overall company performance.
- To demonstrate appropriate experience, training and qualifications for the post.
- Ensure all issues and relevant information that is communicated is considered in developing and completing written solutions.
- Ensure written responses for prequalification and tender submissions are completed in a timely manner and that they are in accordance with agreed deliverables.
- Generate written responses that are completed to a high acceptable standard and are compliant, clear and customer focussed.
- Provide inputs to the lessons learnt process from involvement with previous submissions.
- Good standard and level of general education.
- Proven experience of producing written commentaries and solutions for prequalification and tender submission documents would be desirable
- Experience of working within the highway and civil engineering sectors or related industries would be desirable
- An understanding of operational and technical issues/considerations to allow the compilation of written solutions to support strategic bidding opportunities is desirable.
Personal Attributes / Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within an integrated team working environment.
- Ability to research and interpret information.
- IT competent.
- Graphic design skills would be desirable
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Flexible working attitude.
- Able to travel and work away from home as and when required.
- Industry knowledge is useful but not essential.
- Enthusiastic approach to continual development
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.