Trainee Supervisor (Apprentice)
Our Higher level Apprenticeship is a great opportunity to start your career by working in a role whilst studying and achieving a degree qualification as a Civil Engineering Professional. If you’re looking to achieve a degree, but feel that university is not the right route for you, this could be a great option for you.
About the Programme
There is a lot to do in this Level 5 programme but the rewards outweigh this, you will gain real work experience, a new network of professionals to learn from as well as a degree level qualification. Our Level 5 Civil Engineering apprenticeship lasts for 48 months.
For many apprentices, we know that this will be one of your first career steps, so we provide the support network of people to help you make a success of your apprenticeship, whether it’s existing apprentices, your mentors or your line manager – we all want you to help you succeed.
- Application of varying skills sets providing assistance towards an established civils operation, whilst assisting all tiers of upper management
- Demonstrate proficient use and application of company resource using various plant items and equipment
- Efficient deployment of company resource with a good understanding of output and project efficiencies, task identification and leadership
- Ensure appropriate use of small plant / tools whilst holding suitable competency certificates
- Thorough management and utilisation of all labour, plant, materials and subcontractors allowing suitable project planning and order placements
- Monitor plant / equipment efficiency avoiding unnecessary costs and damages
- Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company
- Ensure works are carried out in a safe manner adhering to site specific Risk Assessment & Method Statements
- Responsible for personnel welfare and adherence to CDM requirements
- Develop strong communication links and good relationships with all client personnel
- Deliver / Attend inductions / tool box talks / all appropriate briefings
- Appropriate task PPE to be worn in suitable condition at all times
- Ensure all company procedures are understood, enforced and adhered
- Hold a flexible approach to working patterns and expectations to carry out other duties as deemed necessary to the business
- Continued development of experience in highway construction and maintenance
- Effective time management between duties
- Completion of required paperwork in line with company requirements
- Undertake and review management safety observations
- Ensure that all other paperwork is delivered to the operational office within defined timescales
- Promote and encourage safety awareness in the business, including a zero tolerance attitude to unsafe practice.
- Attend training courses as and when relevant to ensure continued development
- Undertake all other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager
- GCSE Maths/English or equivalent – minimum Grade C
- Suitable construction experience and/or training course attendance
- 3 A Levels (A-D) or equivalent NVQ/Diploma/HND
The qualification standards are non-negotiable due to course entry requirements
- Good work ethic
- Ability to work within a team
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication
- Achievement / Results driven
- Problem Solving
- Good written and oral skills
- Demonstration of flexibility and adaptability
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Colas Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Colas Ltd will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Colas Ltd explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Colas Ltd .