Contracts Manager (Traffic Management)
Operational & Financial Management of all Traffic Management Contracts
- Provide leadership and direction to the traffic management team.
- Ensure the safe and efficient running of the contracts to budget and reflect the image of the company.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the contracts.
- Ensure good relationships are attained with Aone, Aone+ and the appropriate allocation, utilisation and integration of resources takes place.
- Actively seek additional clients and help expand the traffic management business in your areas.
- Ensure all operational staff discharge their duties in accordance with company procedures.
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of all staff and operatives under your control.
- Carry out Management Safety Observations as appraisal Target.
- Carry out full detailed investigation reports.
- Develop the skills and competencies of individuals within the team.
- Promote and enhance Safety awareness within the company and continue to improve performance of the LTFR, the reduction on L.T.I. `s and Unsafe Acts.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Ensure all operational managers have all Risk Assessments and method statements in place and available for all staff, operatives and sub contractors before any work commences.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported correctly and on time.
- Provide monthly reviews on your contracts.
- Ensure that all daily site records, scheme cost capture are completed by the relevant supervisors.
- Responsible for the companies’ quality procedures being adhered to.
- Responsible for assisting the Business Manager with budget preparation and monitoring and attaining of targets.
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Educated to HNC or equivalent, 5 years’ experience in similar discipline.
- Experience of working on high speed networks.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety and the Chapter 8 requirements.
- Knowledge of management of T.M.C. & Framework contracts
- Full clean driving license.
- HA Category Management or MAC experience.
- ASF / ASC contract awareness.
- ICE/NEC3 Contract experience and awareness and familiarity with the requirements of the contract.
- Understanding of cost and value reconciliation methods and procedures.
- Able to recognise change in work scope and competent in dealing with raising early earnings, compensation events, variations, CVIs, taking instructions and recording.
Essential Competencies/ Skills:
- Knowledge of business management systems including integration of all components.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Business acumen.
- Motivator and people manager.
- Listener, communicator and negotiator.
- Client focused.
- Detailed knowledge of the industry.
- Organisation ability.
- Presentation skills.
- Have regular dialogue with client and consultant.
- Attend and chair monthly progress meetings.
- Oversee site managers and monitor performance by regular discussion and contract debriefs.
- Appraisals of staff and operatives.
- Advise of variance in workload, turnover and margin.
- Financial awareness
- Monitor and control resources.
- Assist with the tender process.
- Assist in producing the monthly accounts.
- Ensure contact with quest and business development managers is at acceptable level.
- Ensure compliance of Supply Chain Management.
- Team player.
- Good sense of humour.
- Good time management, ability to plan and prioritise own workload.
- Communications and team spirit philosophy.
- Flexibility of approach.
- Commitment to business success.
- Trust and openness.
- Committed to partnering and integration.
- Committed to continuous improvement and innovation.
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Colas Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Colas Ltd will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Colas Ltd explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Colas Ltd .