Business Manager Highways and Traffic Management
Tower Hamlets is a thriving, vibrant borough and one of the most exciting places to work and live in London. With a growing population of over 300,000 people, the London Borough of Tower Hamlets strives to provide outstanding services for all residents of this iconic East End borough.
We are looking for someone with drive and ambition. You will have the operational experience to know how to make things happen as well as being a strategic thinker with the ability to see the bigger picture, identify desired outcomes and the best way to achieve them.
The focus of the role is to:
- manage the delivery of efficient and effective highways and traffic management services and lead on service developments;
- exercise delegated powers as the Service Head and act as the principal advisor on highways and traffic management functions and duties, including reviewing, developing and implementing policies and strategies across the service;
- ensure that services remain relevant and deliver value for money in accordance with Council policies and strategies, through the delivery of the annual service plan, service reviews and action plans;
- establish and maintain excellent internal and external relationships with stakeholders in order to facilitate the provision of services provided and to enhance the Council’s reputation;
- take responsibility for delivery of service budgets, including annual budgeted surplus and income and savings targets.
This post is open to the following types of applicants: Redeployees/ Internal/ External
If this role is available to Internal employees only, this will include agency workers but does not include independent contractors or Skills Match trainees
All applications should be made via our online application system, no CV’s or alternative forms of applications are accepted.
Internal employees should apply via the council's Intranet. External applicants apply via the Council's website www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/careers
More jobs like this
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Manager Corporate Services jobs in London (Central)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Manager Corporate Management Team jobs in London (Central)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Manager Environment jobs in London (Central)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Manager Highways jobs in London (Central)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Manager Transport Planning jobs in London (Central)