5 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
To work closely with Senior Estimator and other members of the bid team in the preparation of tenders and works opportunities.
Liaise and develop long term relationships with others as required; including clients, supply chain and other partner organisations to maximise all potential business leads.
Nature and Scope of Job:
- Liaise and work with the Senior Estimator to provide effective estimating solutions.
- Coordinate and develop long term relationships with others as required with clients, supply chain and other partner organisations to maximise all potential business leads.
- Interact well with all members of the Commercial and Work Winning teams to maintain synergy in the company’s approach to estimating activities.
- Analyse all sub contract and supplier packages to ensure all attendances and exclusions are recognised before settlement
- Maintain an up to date awareness of activities and standards within Colas’ business sectors as they relate to this appointment.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the Company Vision and Mission.
- Demonstrate appropriate experience, training and qualifications for the post.
- Assess conditions of contract issued with tenders allocated to you, to identify potential Risks and Opportunities.
- Compile and submit tender clarifications to the appropriate bid administrator / bid manager, ensuring responses are actioned prior to tender submission.
- Working to tight tender return dates
- Liaise with operational delivery teams to assist in building up the prices
- Provide mentoring and guidance to others in the estimating team
- Deliver Tender handover pack on all successful bids
- Assist Quantity Surveyors with compensation events build ups; if required.
- Attend pre tender meetings
- Review unsuccessful tenders and analyse for future bids
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager
- Ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are under taken with full regard for safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself
- The preparation of priced tender submissions, estimates and quotations required to meet the company strategy.
- Work closely with the other members of the Estimating Team to ensure consistent and effective estimating practices are used across the company and within all the business units.
- Provide estimating advice and support to the operational teams as directed by the Senior Estimator and Managing Estimator.
- Conduct all duties and responsibilities in a manner that appropriately and adequately supports the local Estimating Team, and if required other teams at company locations across the country.
- Handover of tender information for projects secured; ensuring all tender assumptions etc. are communicated to ensure compliance with tender strategy.
- Ideally educated to HNC or Degree level in a relevant subject
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience gained pricing highways maintenance and civil engineering
- Some practical experience of delivering works would be an advantage
- IT literate [knowledge of estimating software would be advantageous] (Colas use Causeway)
- Knowledge of NEC3 Conditions of Contract and the impact the various options have on tendering
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Methodical approach
- Flexible attitude
- Understanding of standard methods of measurement
- Able to build-up rates from first principles for our core operational operations
- Minimum of 5 years experience in delivering tenders in civil engineering and or highways maintenance.
- Team Player
- Open and honest
- Committed to continuous improvement and innovation
- Willing to share best practice
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Colas Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Colas Ltd will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Colas Ltd explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Colas Ltd .
Apply for Estimator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly