Benefits Assessment Officer (BAO)
What is the job?
• The BAO post involves assessing claims for housing benefit and council tax support,
• Validate housing benefit and council tax support applications for all claimants, making relevant enquiries and utilising all necessary information to ensure entitlements are assessed correctly.
• You will be using computer systems to update and calculate benefit records.
• You may need to deal with customer enquiries both in person and on the phone; and also carry out customer interviews.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who has substantial experience in housing benefit and council tax support.
You will need to:
1. Demonstrate your experience in housing benefit and council tax support.
2. Be a customer focused individual, as you will be dealing with customers in what can be, at times, difficult situations.
3. Be accurate and have an attention to detail, as you will be dealing with facts and figures, which if incorrect can have a big effect on customers benefit claims.
4. Have good communication skills to explain to customers, who sometimes maybe upset, the benefit process. The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
5. Be a team player, who is willing to help and support the others in a team orientated environment.
6. The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post
Closing 20th October 2017
Interview process 31st October 2017
For more details & instructions on how to apply please see the attachments