Senior Contracts Manager
Manage the day to day delivery of ITS & electrical contracts ensuring full contract compliance and delivery in line with Colas health and safety, & Environmental procedures.
- The post holder will manage the Street Lighting, ITS, and Traffic Signals projects delivered from the Gatwick depot
- Provide Technical and Quality input to all Projects.
- Liaison with all members of the ITS staff based at Gatwick.
- Develop and Grow the Colas Technical offering.
- Identify innovative solutions to meet contract and project requirements.
- Develop and provide technical support to the ITS team and supply chain partners to ensure project delivery and compliance.
- Prepare, review and comment on method statements and risk assessments for all ITS Projects.
- Review and sign off works packs prior to commencement of site work.
- Lease with all sub-contractors involved in the delivery of schemes.
- Prepare and monitor contract performance indicators and ensuring that KPI’s are met / exceeded.
- Liaison with supply chain partners to ensure they are adequately vetted and approved to supply materials and equipment for all ITS projects.
- Own the profit & loss results for the Gatwick contract unit including preparation of month end figures
- Attend regular ITS business review meetings.
- Project Management experience in the highway lighting and technology industry, the person required for this position will have a strong Electrical and ITS background.
- Experience of project managing new solutions & systems from inception through to final delivery and client sign off and acceptance.
- Knowledge and experience of design requirements for Street Lighting, and ITS projects.
- Experience in the management of project specific delivery teams
- Planning and project cost control measures.
- Experience of managing and delivery of technology maintenance contracts on large high profile contracts.
- Working knowledge of CDM – 2015 Regulation and IOSH accreditation.
- Good ICT skills, including Microsoft Project and AutoCAD
- To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the line manager.
- To ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Electrically Qualified / Electronics Qualification
- Experience: Knowledge of NEC 3 contract management, delivery of ITS and street lighting projects,
- Proven Track Record of Delivering Contracts in line with Customer’s required outcomes and internal KPI’s
- Experience of working with Main Contractors as a tier 2 supplier and tier 1 delivery into local authorities and Highways England
- Working Safely
- Vision, Mission & Values
- Personal Organisation
- Relationship Management
- Continuous Development & Innovation
- Flexibility/Attitude to Change
- Decision Making & Accountability
- Problem Solving/Analytical Thinking
- Commercial & Financial Awareness
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Colas Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Colas Ltd will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Colas Ltd explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Colas Ltd .
Apply for Senior Contracts Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly