Highway Inventory Technician
Reporting to Asset Manager you will be responsible for the maintenance of the asset register by carrying out the inventory update and network changes task.
- Manage the Develop Control and Advise advice
- Management S278/38 and other development Schemes
- Receive, organise and update highway asset inventory reports, data and correspondence.
- Validate new asset data through site inspection to resolve any issues on location and material specification
- Assist in mapping and publishing of relevant asset data on to Colas GIS online and Explorer
- Assist in Traffic Signal reactive defect management
- Maintain all the inventory shapefiles and the database information on the Adopted and Category 2 network in the asset register.
- Maintenance of the asset registers and related specification reports for audit surveys
- Carry out all network changes (involving creating new shapefile or amending existing by splitting and merging using spatial manager and GIS or any other GIS based asset management system)
- Updating of Street Lighting network
- Update Tree element on GIS with easytrev Tree Management database system
- KPI task – Updating of inventory
- KPI task – Asset Register update
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Update and audit the road sign asset element on GIS with retroreflectivity data from Zehnter mapping database system
- Update and auditing the drainage asset shapefile
Qualities & Attributes:
- Committed to caring for people’s safety
- Good team member and able to communicate GIS and technical ideals
- Ability to deliver work accurately on time
- Able to identify Innovative activities
- Ability to identify improvements in asset management and GIS base systems.
- HNC (or equivalent) in Civil or Transport Engineering or GIS preferred with relevant experience
- Driving Licence
- Knowledge and understanding of the machine and visual condition survey inspection based on UK PMS standards, maintenance of highway asset inventory, highways assets management principles.
- A detailed working knowledge and understanding of Esri ArcGIS
- Knowledge of relevant design standards including DMRB and other highway codes of practice
- Good ICT skills (Microsoft Word and Excel and GIS systems)
- Working Safely
- Vision, Mission & Values
- Personal Organisation
- Relationship management
- Continuous development & Innovation
- Flexibility/attitude to change
- Decision making & accountability
- Problem solving/analytical thinking
- Commercial & financial awareness
- Job skills and technical & knowledge
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Colas Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Colas Ltd will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Colas Ltd explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Colas Ltd .