Independent Reviewing Officer
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
Bexley has adopted Signs of Safety as it’s practice model. This strengths and solution focused ethos of working with families and colleagues is threaded throughout all areas of Children’s Social Care. As part of your role you will continue to work with and embed this practice framework. The framework is having a positive impact practice development, effective engagement with families, staff morale, and motivation across the service.
An opportunity has arisen for an Independent Reviewing Officer. This is a statutory role and you will perform a vital role in ensuring that children’s care plans and child protections plans are robust and delivered effectively. Previous experience would be useful but we are happy to consider an experienced senior practitioner/manager with good knowledge of statutory legislation and skills working with looked after children.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
Do you think you have what it takes to join our team of excellent and dedicated social work professionals?
What we offer
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,277 per annum
- Reimbursement of HCPC subscription
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 31 days after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
- Closing Date for your application: 30 May 2018
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Corporate Management Team Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Health and Social Care Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Children's Services Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Safeguarding Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath