Senior Public Health Intelligence Specialist
This is a key role in the Public Health team in Bexley at senior management level. In addition to the core technical and analytical skills implicit in the role, it is also a significant leadership role.
You will be responsible for leading health intelligence support to Public Health in the London Borough of Bexley, working through a matrix arrangement with data analysts in the LBB Strategy, Performance and Insight Team as well as with other analysts in the CCG.
By taking a lead in the collection and analysis of data to support the on-going development of specific public health programmes, such as monitoring and evaluation information, you will provide significant input into the process of understanding the health needs of the local population; the identification of health inequalities; and the determination of priorities for action in order to improve the health of the local population.
For this role you will need to have a higher degree or postgraduate qualification relevant to health intelligence and proven experience in health information management and/or analysis and of providing public health information analysis and intelligence.
Specialist knowledge and experience of statistical, analytical and epidemiological techniques and of relevant data sources used in Public Health is also essential, together with an understanding of health services, local authorities and social services.
What we offer:
• Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,277 per annum.
• Relocation Package up to £8,000
• Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
• Performance Related Pay
• Up to 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
• Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
• An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
• Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
• MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here. Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent.
Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
For further information please contact Dr Anjan Ghosh, Director of Public Health on 020 3045 5733 or e-mail email@example.com
How to apply
• Closing Date for your application: 18/07/2018
• Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
• Anticipated Interview date: 09/08/2018