Social Workers – Looked after Children and Permanence
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Social Workers – Looked after Children and Permanence
Management Grouping: Children’s Services
Salary: £31,878 - £41,109 (inclusive of Choices Flexible Benefits of £2,322 pa)
Contract: Permanent /36 hours per week
Closing Date: 26 September 2018
We are a London Borough based in the southeast of London. With direct and easy access into central London, we also have the advantage of being on the borders of Kent with easy access to the Kent coast and the continent.
We believe that we can provide you with the best opportunities to develop your career in Social Work. It is an exciting time to join our Children’s Services with a strong leadership team taking us through our improvement journey.
We have a significantly high number of permanent workers, with 85% of our staff permanently committed to us – and that number continues to grow! We offer great pay and incentives, excellent training and a great place to live.
As a Council, we prioritise our responsibilities for children, young people, their families and carers. We are working to strengthen families, to enable them to identify their own solutions where there are difficulties, creating strong family networks and effective safety plans as the fundamentals to the protection and care of children.
We are one of ten ‘English Innovation Project’ (EIP) authorities, sponsored by the Department for Education, as we implement Signs of Safety, using it to strengthen professional practice and improve the long term outcomes for families and children. Relationships are at the centre of social work here in Bexley and practitioners want to come and be part of what we are trying to deliver.
Our Academy and Workforce Team have developed targeted career pathways to provide you with great opportunities for development because we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to grow, develop, and progress at all stages of their career.
At Bexley we offer a comprehensive range of training opportunities and professional development through appraisal, coaching and mentoring and aspiring leaders programme. Working here you will be able to try out new ideas and progress your career making social work at Bexley a profession that is yours to own.
Looked After Children and Permanence Service
This service has 3 teams with responsibility for all looked after children, care proceedings and young people who we are helping prepare to leave our care or move into our dedicated Leaving Care Service. Wherever possible we support young people to return home to their family and securing permanence for young people is central to the work we do. As such you will work closely with our adoption and fostering teams. The allocated social worker is responsible for working with a range of partners to secure the best possible outcomes for our looked after children. We have an active Signs of Safety Implementation group and we will support and encourage you to work creatively in order to secure positive outcomes for young people. We are passionate about the work we do and if you want excellent support and supervision and if you care as much as we do about supporting the aspirations of looked after young people then this is the service for you.
Make Social Work at Bexley a profession that is yours to own
Our offer includes:
· An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
· Workable caseloads
· Up to 31 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays)
· Professional supervision
· Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- Bexley has a flexible and generous package to support you moving to work in Bexley. We will pay up to £8k which you can use as you wish, e.g. to pay a deposit or mortgage, to meet housing costs, fees and other expenses.
· Career progression pathways for training and continuous professional development
· Signs of Safety Training and the opportunity to become an SOS Practice Lead
· Opportunity to engage in our Aspiring Leaders Programme
· Reimbursement of HCPC subscription
· Our Choices Benefits include a lease car or cash options to the value of £2,277 per annum
· Excellent local government pension scheme
· Performance related pay with the opportunity to earn a 5% bonus each year
· MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
· Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
Visit https://bexleysocialcarecareers.wordpress.com to see our opportunities to work within Children’s Services
- Closing Date for your application: 26 September 2018 but your application will be reviewed quickly with regular interview panels taking place prior to the closing date
CVs will only be accepted if submitted with a completed application form.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the ImmigrationAct 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley, @BexleyCSC, and @BexleyCareers
More searches like this
- Health and Social Care Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Health Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Children's Services Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Safeguarding Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Social Care Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexley