Principal Noise Pollution Officer
Principal Noise Pollution Officer
(Job Number: 180000QG)
Directorate: Supporting Communities
Location: 5 Pancras Square
Salary: £40,028 to £46,431
Contract Type: Permanent, full time, 36 hours per week
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
Click HERE for information on Camden’s flexible working options
25 days holiday (27 days after 5 years' service)
Camden is focused on creating the conditions for people to lead high quality and fulfilling lives. We are committed to delivering frontline services in an efficient and professional manner reaffirming our responsibility to deliver positive outcomes on behalf of Camden’s citizens and businesses.
As Principal Noise Pollution Officer within the Environmental Health, Business and Consumer Services department your focus will be on leading the delivery of high quality noise nuisance services designed to mitigate the impact of noise and nuisance activity on Camden’s citizens.
The role will require you to lead a team of Noise Pollution Officers and engage effectively with a wide range of internal council departments, contracted service providers, developers and elected members. The role will also involve extensive engagement with Camden citizens in order to resolve noise nuisance cases and co-design the delivery of high quality noise nuisance response services.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced noise nuisance / environmental health professional to be the lead officer for noise nuisance for Camden. The post-holder will lead on the continued delivery of an outcome based service model and will play a key role in establishing a service culture based on continuous service improvement.
As the lead point of expertise on pollution matters you will:
- have a detailed working knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework relating to noise pollution matters and relevant experience in its application to casework including enforcement.
- keep abreast of relevant, new and draft legislation and drive service improvement.
- have an organised approach to your own workload whilst dealing with conflicting priorities and a focus on delivering excellent customer service.
- be able to work collaboratively with internal and external partners to identify innovative approaches to service objectives.
- have a high degree of political awareness, including experience of working with publicly elected representatives.
Camden’s main offices are located in modern award winning offices at King’s Cross. You can expect an exceptional range of benefits including discounted access to the onsite leisure facilities with swimming pool, recognition and reward for high performance with progression and pay increases, flexible and agile working hours and access to a leading pension scheme.
Camden is proud to be the country’s first Timewise council and as part of this accreditation, we work to help parents balance work with childcare. This fits in with our aim to be leaders in innovative flexible and part-time working that allows for different patterns of care and for parents to share childcare responsibilities.
Click HERE to see the full details of our excellent benefits
Make it work for you. Make it your Camden.
Discover and Diversity
To discover more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
How to apply:
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application form you will be expected to explain how you meet the technical knowledge and experience section of the job profile (see link below), focusing on the issues in "About You" in the advert. When explaining how you meet each of the requirements, please give examples that clearly demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience. When writing your examples give a brief description of the situation or task but focus on the actions you took and the result of your actions.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at email@example.com, or post to 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 16th September 2018 11.59pm
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 24th September 2018
To view the Job profile for this vacancy please click HERE
Please quote reference: 180000QG
Camden welcomes new employees on a monthly basis; next available dates for induction are; 15th October and 19th November 2018.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Management Team Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Environment Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Environmental Health Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Environmental Management Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)