School Travel Co-ordinator
School Travel Co-ordinator
Management Grouping: Place Communities & Infrastructure
Team: Road Safety Team
Location: Civic Bexleyheath
Salary: £27,474 - £31,401 pro-rata
Contract: Part-time, Term-time (20 hours per week during term-time)
Closing Date: 18th September 2018
Job reference: PCI0000123
We are currently looking for a School Travel Coordinator to work within the Road Safety Team.
Your key role will be to take the lead in helping schools develop travel plans to encourage safer and more sustainable ways of travelling to school, helping to reduce congestion and increase walking and cycling levels.
This will include running workshops to assist schools in developing and submitting travel plans to Transport for London for accreditation. You will also assist schools seeking to expand on producing plans to mitigate any traffic growth that may occur.
This post will work part time (20 hours per week) during term time only and he post holder would be expected to work from home for some of this time.
The person we are looking for will have experience of dealing with schools and be enthusiastic about improving the environment and people’s quality of life.
You will be tactful, persuasive and able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences.
You will also have experience of giving presentations and have good ICT skills.
You may also have been involved in marketing, public consultation or community initiatives.
As you will be working with schools an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service will be required
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
The Road Safety Team deals with casualty reduction for all sectors of the community through education, training and publicity interventions and with modal shift away from the car for journeys to and from Bexley’s schools.
(B) Your Application:
- Closing Date for your application: 18/09/2018
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: TBC
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages. (If applicable)
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Operative £30,000 - £39,999 Part Time jobs in Bexley
- Administration Operative £30,000 - £39,999 Part Time jobs in Bexley
- Communications Operative £30,000 - £39,999 Part Time jobs in Bexley
- Health and Social Care Operative £30,000 - £39,999 Part Time jobs in Bexley
- Children's Services Operative £30,000 - £39,999 Part Time jobs in Bexley