Waste & Recycling Advisor
Waste & Recycling Advisor
Management Grouping: Place, Communities and Infrastructure
Team: Waste & Recycling
Location: Footscray Offices, Sidcup
Salary: £20,667 - £27,342 per annum
Contract: Permanent / 36 hours per week
Closing Date: Monday 1st October 2018
Job reference: PCI0000127
We are currently looking for a Waste and Recycling Advisor to join our team of professional and technical staff and contribute to the effective operation and smooth service delivery of our very busy Waste and Recycling Team.
You will be responsible for planning, organising, promoting and monitoring door-to-door collections of paper and cardboard, cans, plastic bottles, glass, compostable waste and supporting our recycling schemes.
You should have excellent communication skills, hold a recognised environmental science or waste management qualification and have experience of recycling, data collection and
analysis using Microsoft software. Ability to travel throughout the Borough is essential.
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 23 days Annual Leave (rising to 27 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 01/10/2018
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: 17/10/2018
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Operative £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Sidcup
- Administration Operative £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Sidcup
- Communications Operative £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Sidcup
- Environment Operative £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Sidcup
- Streetscene Operative £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Sidcup