Operations Manager – Waste and Recycling
5 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced waste management professional to manage and develop the Council’s in-house refuse and recycling collection service.
With extensive experience of the waste industry, you will relish the challenge of implementing operational efficiencies & maximising productivity.
You will need to be:
- Self-motivated with a business approach geared to meet the financial challenges ahead.
- Commercially minded, politically aware able to demonstrate significant operational management experience.
- Entrepreneurial, relishing a challenge.
- Have the operational experience to directly manage our domestic refuse and recycling, and bulky waste collections.
- A NEBOSH holder, or be prepared to gain this qualification within 12 months of employment.
- A COTC holder.
- You will have proven people skills and customer service skills, together with the ability to apply strategic thinking to challenges as they arise. You will have a “customer first” approach and the gravitas be able to manage a large team.
- You will represent the waste operational services at service planning, partnership, contract & regulatory meetings.
For further information: Simon Porter, Head of Waste & Fleet Operations – email@example.com 01225 396395
Closing date: 21 September 18
37 hour basic plus 6 hrs contractual overtime
5 days/ wk, including b/hol. You may be required to work weekends on a rota to cover wider operational duties.
25 days holiday (fixed for 43 hours) or 30 days (fixed for 43 hours) after 5 years’ service + 8 days public holiday.