Teaching and Learning Advisers
Do you enjoy working in partnership with school leaders, teachers and young people to support rising educational standards? Are you seeking a different challenge, building on your teaching expertise and curriculum knowledge to provide a wide range of support to schools?
We are a highly ambitious and flexible team, with a strong local, and developing regional reputation for high quality support and challenge. We offer a dynamic and creative working environment. We are looking for skilled and dedicated professionals to join our education improvement team, and have a number of roles focusing initially on:
- English and literacy lead
- Lead for the educational achievement for specific groups of children, including those from gypsy, Roma and traveller heritage
- Part-time opportunity to work as a teaching and learning advisor, with a focus on Maths and Numeracy.
We are seeking advisers who:
- Have qualified teacher status with significant, recent experience of effective teaching and subject leadership.
- Have an interest in fostering and building on best practice and using recent research.
- Experience of improving the quality of teaching and learning across one or more schools.
As a flexible employer, we are keen to secure the right person for the roles and therefore are open to candidates on a full or part-time permanent basis and are willing to consider secondments.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
What we offer:
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,322 per annum
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Up to 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
If you are interested in an informal discussion, please contact Lauren Ovenden on 0203 045 4951 or email on email@example.com
- Closing Date for your application: 24th September 2018
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview dates: 1st and 5th October 2018
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers