Development Officer/Senior Development Officer – Highways
- Contract Type
- Full time
Job title: Development Officer/Senior Development Officer – Highways
Team: Development Management
We are seeking an individual to lead on all aspects of Highways advice to a busy Development Management team. As an integral part of the Planning, Design and Engagement Team, you will have the opportunity to respond to a wide range of planning applications and transport assessments, together with working with our Planning Policy team to support in the development of new planning policy.
You will have proficient knowledge and experience of highways design, best practice and quality of place, streets for all and the public realm. An ability to understand and comprehensively audit Transport Assessments is essential to the role. You will need to ensure that developments are fully mitigated for in terms of transport and highways.
You will have:
• A civil engineering degree and licentiate (or equivalent) status of an appropriate highway institution (e.g. IHT or IHE)
• Experience and knowledge of appropriate Planning and Highway legislation and policies (i.e. Highways Act 1980, Town & Country Planning Act, National Planning Policy Framework and Construction Design & Management Regulations 2016).
• Experience and a working knowledge of relevant highway design standards, guidance and best practice (i.e. Manual for Streets 1 & 2, DMRB, CIRIA SuDs Manual. TSRGD, Traffic Signs Manual).
• IT/computer literate with excellent knowledge and experience of Windows Office packages including Word Excel and Outlook.
So why Solihull?
Well, there’s plenty going on to get you out and about in our beautiful borough. As well as supporting the growth aspirations at UK Central of Birmingham Airport, Jaguar Land Rover and the National Exhibition Centre, we handle the range of work you would expect an economically prosperous Met Authority to be.
We continue to negotiate the complexities of delivering a revised Local Plan and we are also working hard to do what is needed to welcome the arrival of HS2 (with the first station outside London arriving here in 2026). Ensuring we are maintaining our historic and natural landscape, and delivering the design quality, community benefits and green and blue infrastructure that only the best development in the right locations can, is all part of the job.
In return we can offer:
• Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements.
• The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year.
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service.
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits including a staff discount card.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Sheron French, on 0121 704 6562.
To apply for this role, please visit https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/job/40956/development-officer-senior-development-officer-highways/
Closing date: 23 September 2018.
Interview Date: w/c 1 October 2018.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
More searches like this
- Environment Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Solihull
- Bridges Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Solihull
- Environmental Health Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Solihull
- Environmental Management Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Solihull
- Flood and Coastal Protection Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Solihull