School Improvement Officer
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Are you a successful leader committed to improving the educational opportunities for, and learning outcomes of, children and young people?
We are seeking to appoint a school improvement officer to add their skills and expertise to the strong and determined school improvement team. A key attribute will be the ability to flexibly support schools, and we are seeking someone with significant expertise in safeguarding and related educational provision and practice.
The post is full time, permanent position and we are seeking someone to start January 2019, or earlier.
As a strategic, analytical and creative thinker, with a proven track record of working with senior school leaders and other agencies, you will develop strong leadership and high quality teaching which will impact positively on pupils’ learning outcomes.
You will work with central and school-based colleagues to;
- Build and sustain effective partnerships;
- Collaborate with others to help develop new service models;
- Focus on children and young people achieving well from their different starting points;
- Provide advice, challenge and support, which contributes towards all Bexley schools becoming or remaining good or outstanding schools.
If you have the skills and experience we need, ideally being an accredited school inspector with senior leadership experience (preferably at headship level) and you would like to make a meaningful contribution to education in Bexley we would like to hear from you.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
What we offer:
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £3,864 per annum
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
For an informal discussion about this interesting and rewarding role, please contact Lauren Ovenden, Head of School Improvement, on 0203 045 4248.
- Closing Date for your application: 24th September 2018
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview dates: 1st, 5th and 8th October 2018
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Corporate Management Team Officer £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Health and Social Care Officer £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Children's Services Officer £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Education Officer £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath