Trafford is a thriving, prosperous and culturally vibrant Borough at the heart of the Manchester City region. It is celebrated as the enterprise capital of Manchester, hosts the largest industrial park in Europe, is the home of internationally renowned cultural and sporting attractions and is a major driver of economic growth. But it also has areas of deprivation and faces the same financial pressures affecting local government and the wider public sector.
Trafford is a dynamic and forward-looking Borough with an exciting and challenging mix of commercial business, residential and industrial development schemes. We are forward thinking and innovative and continually looking to improve service delivery.
The Council has established the innovative One Trafford Partnership, working with our delivery partner AMEY PLC, to deliver a range of environmental, highways and property services. This includes domestic waste collection, grounds maintenance and street cleaning; highway maintenance and the rollout of LED street lighting; property and facilities management.
The Council’s client/contract team has recently been reviewed and a number of new permanent and temporary posts have been created which provide additional capacity and will support more robust working practices to help achieve the overall partnership outcomes.
This is a very exciting time for the Partnership, with a focus on enhancing the partnership through revised ways of working and maximising commercial opportunities for the wider benefits of the residents of Trafford.
We are looking for strong and resilient individuals to join our team and help us shape the contract at both a strategic and tactical level. You should enjoy a challenge, be passionate about environmental services and have some experience of working on similar types of contracts.
You will take a lead role in the management of the Highways and Technical Services delivered through the One Trafford Partnership, with particular responsibility for delivering an effective partnership with the Service Provider for highway and street lighting services, to ensure value for money for the Council and compliance with the contract specification.
You will have:
• A degree or relevant professional qualification;
• Significant experience of managing and performance monitoring large scale, complex contracts to deliver services in relevant work areas;
• Proven successful financial management including experience of capturing savings and cost-effective approaches in a contract;
• Detailed understanding of Legal and Legislative requirements in Local Government, particularly highways and street lighting
• The ability to influence and negotiate with a range of stakeholders;
• Excellent organisational skills, including time management, project management, and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
To access the job description/person specifications or to apply please visit: https://greater.jobs/trafford/highways
Closing date: 30 September 2018.