Assistant Director, Community, Cultural and Leisure Services
In Greenwich we are immensely proud of our Maritime history, Greenwich Mean Time and Royal Status. A world heritage site, our communities remain vibrant and diverse and our elected members are ambitious to realise the potential of the borough.
Tourism accounts for 25% of our local economy, but we remain completely focused on ensuring that we meet the needs of all our communities and are ambitious to ensure that the whole of the borough benefits from our heritage.
This role will assume responsibility for our new creative district in Woolwich, the development of brand new leisure facilities and lead on relationships with our thriving community and voluntary sector to support them in a challenging financial climate. We also expect whoever is appointed to maintain our reputation and profile for outstanding cultural events and festivals to increase tourism and attract businesses and inward investment.
To be successful, you will need to have a strong strategic grasp of how communities benefit from a strong cultural offer, experience of working closely with the voluntary sector and of commissioning large capital programmes and managing major contracts. You will thrive on working within a political organisation and delivering outcomes for communities that make a genuine difference.
For further information click on apply or contact Penny Ransley at GatenbySanderson on 020 7426 3962 for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: 26th October 2018.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in London (South)
- Corporate Management Team Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in London (South)
- Environment Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in London (South)
- Leisure and Culture Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in London (South)
- Regeneration and Local Economies Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in London (South)