Education Support Officer
The Virtual School team is a small but effective team working within Children’s Social Care. We support the education of children in Bexley’s care who attend over 100 schools both within Bexley and beyond.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced educationalist who is knowledgeable and experienced with working with children and teenagers. In particular, you will have experience of working with children in the Primary phase and a good understanding of the primary curriculum and assessment requirements.
You will have an understanding of the Early Years phase and next steps for children in the Secondary phase. You will attend meetings in schools to provide advice and guidance to foster carers and social workers and to ensure that the children on your caseload have an up to date Personal Education Plan which you will monitor. You will make referrals for educational support when required and be able to work directly with young people who attend our Monday Club.
The post is available for an immediate start subject to checks; appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Up to 23 days paid Annual Leave built into term time only contract (rising to 27 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement (pro-rata).
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: Monday 29th October 2018
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: Monday 5th November 2018
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.