Transport and Depot Manager
New Forest District Council are looking to recruit a Transport and Depot Manager who will be the lead officer on fleet maintenance provided by our in-house workshops, as well as vehicle and plant procurement, and operational depot provision. The postholder will be named on the Council’s Operator’s Licence and will ensure compliance with the relevant undertakings.
With a Fleet of 200 vehicles varying from small vans to HGVs based across our 3 operational depots, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day and strategic development of the service and will lead on a programme of modernisation for the workshop and fleet management. Our workshops and vehicle procurement services are a vital support service provided to a range of frontline services, including refuse collection, street cleansing, grounds maintenance and housing repairs. Delivering a balanced budget to our internal customers is vital.
The successful candidate will have the skills and drive to lead and develop the service, you will ideally have:
- Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence
- At least 3 years management experience in all aspects of staffing, fleet operation and vehicle/maintenance.
- Educated to HNC or equivalent by full trade qualification in a related discipline
- Sound financial management skills and information technology expertise.
Being a great place to work is also really important to us. We believe that all employees make a valuable contribution to the work of the Council and that why we encourage a trusting and open culture where each employee is supported and respected equally, ideas and actively sought and self-development promoted. With beautiful beaches and historic forest land, Southampton and Bournemouth on our doorstep and great schools and colleges this is an excellent place to live too.
For an information discussion please contact Chris Noble, Service Manager Waste and Transport on 02380 285588
- 26/27 days leave plus an additional 5 days for 5 years continuous service
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (free 24 hour legal, financial and personal advice for employees)
- Payment of professional fees
- Relocation expenses for the right candidate will be considered of up to £8,000
Closing date: 12th November 2018
Interview date: 22nd November 2018
Please click apply now to apply online.