Chief Operating Officer (s151)
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Cornwall is a place that is forging ahead in the 21st Century. That’s why we want our new Chief Operating Officer to be someone that can set the right culture and ethos across our enabling services; that can cut through bureaucracy whilst working in partnership and that has the energy to sustain the pace of change that our ambitions demand. You’ll need to be an optimistic, goal-oriented, problem solver with the kind of credibility that comes from having transformed the effectiveness and efficiency of other large and complex organisations.
Specifically, you will have a track record as a COO or senior leader in a large organisation with a major transformation agenda. Most likely you will hold a professional qualification in finance, audit or business administration. You will have proven success in leading significant people, process and system change in corporate functions, risk management and a control environment of equivalent size, complexity and scale.
This will include:
- Harnessing new technologies and ways of working
- Leading support services transformation to create a truly modern organisation
- Delivering a major digital improvement programme
- Defining how we use the financial resources of the whole organisation to greatest effect
- Developing the right commercial arrangements and investments to secure the council’s income streams
- Playing a central role in shaping what comes next for our region
This is an incredibly exciting time for Cornwall and our residents. Our globally renowned natural environment is complemented by the creation of a world-class renewable energy and digital infrastructure. Our devolution and growth plans are pioneering and we’re becoming a mecca for enterprise, entrepreneurialism and new thinking.
Our future ambitions for Cornwall rely on our ability to capitalise on these opportunities and transform the effectiveness and efficiency of our public services. That’s why we’re looking for someone with a visionary approach to creating 21st Century support services and a workforce with the skills to accelerate our journey towards a sustainable Cornwall.
If you can match our ambition and have what it takes to deliver on a demanding, change driven, high profile role where you have the scope to shape a region and to genuinely change lives, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information on how to apply visit www.leading-cornwall.co.uk or get in touch with David Weir at our recruitment partner Tile Hill on 07391565064 for a confidential discussion.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Chief Executive £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Cornwall
- Communications Chief Executive £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Cornwall
- Corporate Management Team Chief Executive £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Cornwall
- Finance Chief Executive £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Cornwall
- Member Services Chief Executive £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Cornwall