ECONOMIC PROJECTS OFFICER
6 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
We are looking for an ambitious and proactive person enthusiastic about regeneration, town centre, tourism and development projects to join the recently established Regeneration Team. This is an exciting time for Melton Borough and the local authority will be playing a pivotal role in delivering success in terms of economic growth and prosperity within the borough.
This role will support and be focussed on developing and delivering several key capital projects such as the delivery of a food enterprise centre and bringing forward key sites for housing, commercial, leisure and tourism uses. By doing so this role will be key in driving forward the authority’s priorities in regards to promoting and establishing Melton as the place to live, work and visit in the Leicestershire area whilst also driving forward the councils commercialisation agenda.
To thrive in this role it is expected that candidates will need to have experience in partnership working and project/programme management as well as the ability to manage competing workloads and priorities to ensure projects are successful and delivered to expectations.
About the role
Some of the key responsibilities of the role:
- Preparing business cases, managing budgets and undertaking day to day management of key projects within the departmental and service plan.
- Reporting to the Regeneration Manager and working with internal and external partners and stakeholders to develop and promote the Melton ‘brand’.
- Working with the Director of Growth and Regeneration to develop effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders to enable the delivery of projects and programmes.
- Identifying external funding opportunities and preparing funding bids to help the delivery of key projects identified within the growth and regeneration directorate.
- Developing and delivering aspirational and realistic projects that contribute to the economic growth and vitality of the Borough.
Skills essential for success in the role:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience) in a relevant subject (for example, planning, design, housing, surveying, property development, tourism, economic development etc).
- Experience of developing business cases and funding bids for revenue and capital generating projects.
- Experience of developing and delivering projects using capital and revenue budgets by working with a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of preparing regeneration and economic development policies and strategies.
- Experience of a wide range of economic and regeneration related activity such as tourism, town centre enhancement, business and partner engagement and Inward Investment.
- Experience of managing and monitoring budgets, people, consultants, contractors and reporting to key stakeholders.
- To be politically aware and being able to engage and communicate with a wide range of audiences.
For further information, contact Lee Byrne on 07464 918215
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to find out more about being part of the Melton journey, and to apply please go to our website
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 23 November 2018
Interviews will be held: w/c 3 December 2018
The Council has adopted a policy of equal opportunities and is committed to staff development and training. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Melton Mowbray
- Corporate Management Team Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Melton Mowbray
- Finance Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Melton Mowbray
- Environment Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Melton Mowbray
- Leisure and Culture Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Melton Mowbray