Do people, passion and progress motivate you? Do you have previous experience working in Property Management?
If so…….. Make Mole Valley Your Next Move
Mid-way between London and the South Coast, and covering large parts of the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Beauty, Mole Valley is an attractive, predominantly rural district which includes the market towns of Dorking and Leatherhead. It is a wonderful place to live, work, do business and spend leisure time in.
Mole Valley District Council is a dynamic and progressive local authority known for effective partnership working and taking the lead on service transformation and new ways of working. This is currently evidenced by, a wide range of high performing services, an ambitious asset management strategy and a major regeneration project, Transform Leatherhead.
About the role
We are recruiting for a property professional who is also a strong and visible leader to take on this exciting management opportunity.
If you are tired of the commute, Mole Valley is mid-way between London and the South Coast, and covering large parts of the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Beauty. It is an attractive, predominantly rural district which includes the market towns of Dorking and Leatherhead. It is a wonderful place to live, work, do business and spend leisure time in.
You will work closely with the Executive Head of Service (Resources), the senior leadership team, councillors and partners to deliver schemes from conception, to approval, to build. Working with the team, you will also oversee the management of the Council’s multi-million portfolio of assets (£30 million portfolio generating income of £2 million annually).
If you are a strong and visible manager who leads by example, is ambitious and has a proven ability to work with partners, co-ordinate across service areas, manage stakeholder and community engagement and deliver, then this could be the role for you.
We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with our annual Performance and Development Review and identify training and career development opportunities.
• 22 days holiday a year plus a further allocated day at Christmas rising to 28 days after 5 years’
• Scheme to purchase additional annual leave and eligibility for potential additional days through the flexi-time scheme providing the ability to take additional days off when the business allows and will consider suitable job share.
• Substantial employers contribution into the local government pension scheme
• Free parking
• Remote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service
• Wellbeing package including:
o Cycle scheme
o Free eye tests
o Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
o Yearly flu jab
o Discounts at local shops & businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the café
o Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
• Located opposite Dorking Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café
Closing date for applicants: Wednesday 28 November 2018
Interview dates: Friday 7 December 2018
This is a politically restricted position.
To apply for the role, visit our new careers website at https://jobsatmolevalley.co.uk/job/property-manager/ submit your CV and a supporting statement to tell us how you meet the job description and person specification for the role.