Senior Children's Safeguarding Vacancies
We are looking for 2 exceptional candidates to help us accelerate our improvement journey at Manchester City Council Children’s Services. We’re improving all the time and at pace - and we want candidates with a strong record of leadership and a keen eye for detail to help us get their faster. These vacancies have come about because the current post holders are moving on due to promotions, which shows the valuable experience you can get at Manchester City Council.
We have recently been recognised by Ofsted as successfully creating an environment conducive to continued improvement. Our dedicated and passionate staff report feeling listened to and supported and are always demonstrating a commitment to improving the lives of vulnerable children. It should therefore be no surprise that our vision is for our children and young people to be safe, happy, healthy and successful.
The task we’ve set ourselves - to deliver excellent services to our children and their families - is challenging and will take hard work, collaboration and innovation to achieve our ambitions.
Here are the principles we’re going to follow to get there:
- Be child centred in our practice and planning
- Listen to and respond to children and young people
- Focus on strengths; building resilience
- Early action, innovative and integrated services
We are looking for experienced leaders who are registered Social Workers to become part of our senior leadership team. The Head of Quality Assurance for Safeguarding reports to the Strategic Director of Children’s & Education Services, and the Service Lead reports to the Head of Quality Assurance for Safeguarding
The successful candidates will be key members of our leadership teams who are proud and passionate about Manchester; supporting the delivery of consistently high standards of practice and be able to demonstrate our behaviours.
We are looking for someone who understands ‘good’ practice and can effectively work with others and in a culture of high support and challenge; experienced in delivering sustained improvements and leading a complex and multifaceted portfolio of services.
The Head of Quality Assurance for Safeguarding, SS2 (£67,182 - £72,721)
The Head of Quality Assurance for Safeguarding is responsible for the performance and impact of the following service areas which play an important role in driving the improvement in services and outcomes for our children;
- Safeguarding Improvement Unit (IRO and Child Protection Chairs)
- Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Advisor to Manchester Safeguarding Children’s Board
- Schools Safeguarding Service
- Workforce Development/Quality Assurance arrangements
For further information and to apply online please visit:
Service Lead, Safeguarding, G12 (£50,299 - £53,602)
The Service Lead, Safeguarding is responsible for the performance and impact of the Safeguarding Improvement Unit (Child Protection Conference and Looked After Children statutory review chairs). The post holder will play an important role in contributing to planning, review and practice, The will be confident in their offer of challenge and support with their operational colleagues, so that together they continually drive the quality of practice and outcomes for our children.
For further information and to apply online please visit: https://greater.jobs/search-and-apply/job-details/MCC-4007/SR/
The post holders will be supported to develop professionally and play a key role in working with operation leaders/managers; setting and embedding high standards of practice, quality assurance arrangements within Children’s & Education Services and support the wider partnership.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Manchester
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Manchester
- Health and Social Care Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Manchester
- Children's Services Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Manchester
- Safeguarding Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Manchester