Head of Human Resources and Organisational Development
Head of Human Resources and Organisational Development (PI001)
Salary £56,160 to £70,601 (inclusive of local weighting), full time, 37 hours per week, permanent. Based in Hertford.
Closing date is 10 December 2018 at 9.00am.
East Herts is a small council with big ambition. Our leader was recently given a special mention in the LGiU’s ‘Leader of the Year’ awards - and she sets the bar high. We have an ambitious programme of delivery, both day-to-day services and large scale capital and transformation projects. Major town centre regeneration, new leisure centres/theatres, revitalised parks, digital working, green travel…. to name but a few. Communities are at the heart of what we do, and our councillors are at the forefront of ensuring we deliver for residents and businesses in the district.
In the last few years we have developed as an organisation, creating a council where all colleagues are valued and respected. Our leadership team is well established, highly motivated, and innovative. We’re not afraid to take risks and try new things. If they don’t work, we put that down to experience. We’re now looking for someone to help us take our development further.
You’ll be determined. You’ll be dedicated. You’ll have the ability to drive change and improvements, and shape a high-performing culture. More than anything, you’ll be passionate about making your mark on an organisation that punches well above its weight. You’ll inspire service leads across the council to ensure we have the capacity and capability in place to deliver our ambitious programme. And you’ll be key in developing a learning culture, and a work environment where all colleagues thrive.
Benefits of working for us
- A stimulating and supportive work environment
- Flexible working arrangements, one day a week working from home if you want to
- Employee wellbeing programme
- Local Government pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave rising to 33 days with 5 years’ local government service
- A range of discounts including high street retailers and local leisure centres
- Professional environment where your career path really matters and your development is supported by the organisation
- Flexible and supportive team
As part of our Green Travel agenda we actively encourage employees to explore more economical and eco-friendly means of travel to work, e.g. public transport, cycle, walk or car share, and support this through a number of initiatives such as Liftshare.
How to apply
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Liz Watts, Chief Executive on 01992 531410 or Kate Leeke, Head of HR and OD on 01279 502141
Full details, including the job description and person specification, and how to apply can be found on our website: www.eastherts.gov.uk/jobs
Closing date: 10 December at 9.00am
Assessment centre: 18 and 19 December 2018
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful.
If your application has been successful, the recruiting manager will contact you to invite you to an interview. We hope you enjoy the process and look forward to making contact with you very soon.
EHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Administration Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Human Resources Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Hertfordshire