Planners (Transport & General)
THINK SMARTER WITH OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
By 2031, Oxfordshire will have benefitted from a multi-million pound investment. And you could be key to seeing this vision realised. Having initially started out as a commitment to spend £millions on transport, housing, connectivity and infrastructure, that pot has grown monumentally thanks to creative developments in association with the private sector and central government.
Now, with our partners, we are in the position to build 100,000 new homes, redefine transport and shape the future potential of this young and rapidly-growing county. With one third of the population aged 18-29, it’s time to be brave with our ambitions – and our Strategic Planning Team will be central to this challenge. Supporting major schemes and developing strategies for planning applications, this is your chance to develop your knowledge on an unparalleled scale.
Ensuring Oxfordshire is on the fast-track to success, you will provide specialist technical support to some of the most imaginative transport and town planning challenges imaginable. With projects worth £millions, your strategic and local planning support will prove invaluable across a huge array of career-defining tasks. From gathering information and making recommendations that will secure high-quality and cost-effective results, to monitoring compliance relating to environmental, social, commercial, contractual and economic factors, no two days will ever be the same.
Quite simply, you will be supporting the enhancement of this incredible county.And in order to do that, you will need to think smarter, working in partnership with stakeholders and contractors to maintain transparent channels of communication. Your capacity to share knowledge will be essential, as will your determination to steer the effective development and growth of Oxfordshire’s neighbourhoods and infrastructure.
Our planning and engineering team are at the forefront of innovative strategic development across the region. Promoting an integrated approach to working with locality-based colleagues, you will thrive in our team if you:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the capacity to cement your conversations with comprehensive reports.
- Are able to deal with all types of people, negotiating great outcomes and managing confrontational situations.
- Can get to grips with legal documents and planning legislation. You will also be comfortable interpreting maps, plans, drawings and schedules.
- Have great IT skills (including Word and Excel).
- The above requirements relate to a Grade 10 role. If you would like to apply for Grade 11, you will also be degree-educated, have outstanding analytical skills and will seek out creative solutions to complex challenges.
Take the next step in your career. Visit www.thehomeofsmarterthinking.com to find out more and to apply.
Closing day: 9th December
More searches like this
- Environment Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Traffic Management Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Transport Planning Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Regeneration and Local Economies Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Planning Planner £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Oxford